ACAD is looking forward to the future of our Annual Meetings. For many years we co-hosted with AAC&U and now we have made the decision to expand our programming on our own. Our first meeting in 2022 was very successful and reinforced our decision to create our own programming for our members and constituents. We look forward to our future programming and hope to see you there!
The ACAD 2024 Annual Meeting
February 21-23, 2024 Tampa, Florida
ACAD prides itself on providing exceptional and dynamic sessions that engage our membership and others in discussions on topics that are both timely and relevant to today’s academic leader and this will not change as we navigate a new way of meeting. Participants can expect to leave the meeting feeling revitalized and armed with the necessary resources to return to their campuses to face any challenges.
Read our statement on event location selection.
Highlights of the ACAD Annual Meeting
- Program: The program for the entire meeting is based on our successful Deans’ Institute format. For eleven years we have had a sold out Institute and the success of that meeting laid the groundwork for our entire Annual Meeting program. Click here for the 2024 program.
- Day One: Modeled on the Deans’ Institute the meeting opens with an opening plenary speaker followed by two sets of roundtable discussions, a networking lunch, concluding with a closing plenary speaker and/or panel. The evening is capped off with an opening reception.
- Day Two: Day two allows for a deeper dive on topics discussed on the first day. Two sets of workshops will be offered with registrants pre-selecting two options. Between the two sets of workshops there will be a Keynote Luncheon speaker. After the second set of workshops, we will offer 60 minute concurrent sessions to tackle hot topics in Higher Ed that arose after the publication of the program.
- Day Three: The meeting will conclude with two sets of 75 minute concurrent sessions.
- Costs: There will be one registration fee for the entire meeting which includes continental breakfast each day, lunch on Wednesday and Thursday, an opening reception as well as all program sessions.
Early Bird: 10/23/23 to 12/15/23
Member: $625 Non-member $725
Second Early Bird: 12/16/23 to 1/15/24
Member $675 Non-member $775
Last Chance: 1/16/24 to 2/12/24
Member: $725 Non-member $825
Cancellation policy: A $75 processing fee will be deducted from all cancellations. No refunds will be made on any cancellations received after February 1, 2024. Cancellations must be made in writing to email@example.com. Registrations are transferable within an institution.
- Proposals: ACAD is no longer accepting proposals for the 2024 meeting.
- Registration: Registration will open October 23, 2023 and closes February 12, 2024
- Hotel: The meeting will be held in Tampa, FL at the Hilton Tampa Downtown. Room rates are $265 per night plus tax. To make a reservation go to: ACAD Hilton Reservation
Future Annual Meetings:
- We are in the process of scouting locations for our 2025–2027 meetings.