The ACAD Annual Meeting is held in January in conjunction with the Annual Meeting of the Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U). Each year ACAD hosts a track of sessions and workshops that run parallel to the theme of the AAC&U meeting and provide academic administrators with sessions tailored specifically to their needs.
ACAD prides itself on providing exceptional and dynamic sessions that engage our membership and others in discussions on topics that are both timely and relevant to today’s academic leader. Participants can expect to leave the meeting feeling revitalized and armed with the necessary resources to return to their campuses to face any challenges.
Highlights of the ACAD Annual Meeting
- Deans’ Institute: Created in 2012 in response to requests for unique programming from our members survey, the Institute is a full-day event held on the Wednesday before the conference. The Institute includes a prominent opening plenary speaker, a series of small group roundtable discussions on more than 15 topics in Higher Education, and a closing session. ACAD 2020 Deans’ Institute final program.
- Members Breakfast and Business Meeting: Held on the Friday morning of the meeting, this is the most important opportunity to engage our members in the work of ACAD while enjoying a valuable networking opportunity.
- ACAD Keynote Luncheon: Held on the Friday of the conference, ACAD engages dynamic and timely speakers to discuss current issues and trends in Higher Education.
- Friday Night Reception: Co-hosted with Council of Colleges of Arts & Sciences (CCAS), this event is open to everyone and is a great way to network with colleagues old and new.
- Proposals: Proposals for the 2021 Annual Meeting are now being accepted until midnight, EST Friday, July 24, 2020. Click here to access the submission form and full CFP.
- Registration: Registration is run through AAC&U. General registration covers all session—ACAD and AAC&U. There are additional fees for workshops, the Deans’ Institute and all meal-ticketed events.
- Hotel: Hotel information can be found on the AAC&U website. We encourage you to make your reservations sooner, rather than later, as the conference hotel frequently sells out early.
- Program: The ACAD program is a track through the full conference. The Deans’ Institute has it’s own program. You can view the full program, which includes the ACAD program, at AAC&U’s website.
Future Annual Meetings:
- January 20-23, 2021 Seattle, WA
- January 19-22, 2022 Washington, DC
- January 25-28, 2023 San Francisco, CA
- January 17-20, 2024 Washington, DC
- January 22-25, 2025 Washington, DC
- January 21-24, 2026 Washington, DC