ACAD is looking forward to the future of our Annual Meetings. For many years (more than 77!) we co-hosted with AAC&U and now we have made the decision to expand our programming on our own. This is an opportunity for ACAD to move in a direction that is best for our members and constituents and we look forward to seeing you at our future meeting. Please save the date for February 2022 and more details will be shared as our plans are solidified.
ACAD prides itself on providing exceptional and dynamic sessions that engage our membership and others in discussions on topics that are both timely and relevant to today’s academic leader and this will not change as we navigate a new way of meeting. Participants can expect to leave the meeting feeling revitalized and armed with the necessary resources to return to their campuses to face any challenges.
Highlights of the ACAD Annual Meeting
- Deans’ Institute: Created in 2012 in response to requests for unique programming from our members survey, the Institute is a full-day event held on the Wednesday before the conference. The Institute includes a prominent opening plenary speaker, a series of small group roundtable discussions on more than 15 topics in Higher Education, and a closing session. ACAD 2021 Deans’ Institute program For 2021 the Deans’ Institute will be held on Wednesday, January 20 from 11:ooam–3:30pm EST.
- Members Breakfast and Business Meeting: Held on the Friday morning of the meeting, this is the most important opportunity to engage our members in the work of ACAD while enjoying a valuable networking opportunity. For 2021 the members business meeting will not be a breakfast and the time and date are TBD. Members will receive information to register to participate (no additional cost).
- ACAD Keynote Luncheon: Held on the Friday of the conference, ACAD engages dynamic and timely speakers to discuss current issues and trends in Higher Education. For 2021 the Keynote Luncheon will be a Keynote Event held on Friday, January 22 from 2-3pm EST.
- Friday Night Reception: Co-hosted with Council of Colleges of Arts & Sciences (CCAS), this event is open to everyone and is a great way to network with colleagues old and new. For 2021 we are unable to host our joint reception. We will miss the opportunity to engage with our members, colleagues and friends and look forward to seeing you in-person in the near future.
- Proposals: Proposals for the 2022 Annual Meeting will begin being accepted in June 2021. More information will be made available at that time.
- Registration: General registration covers all session—ACAD and AAC&U. There are additional fees for workshops, the Deans’ Institute and all meal-ticketed events.
- Hotel: Hotel information will be provided once we contract with a location and property. We encourage you to make your reservations sooner, rather than later, as the conference hotel frequently sells out early.
- Program: The ACAD program is a track through the full conference. The Deans’ Institute has it’s own program.
Future Annual Meetings:
- November 10-13, Portland, OR in conjunction with the CCAS Annual Meeting
- February 2022 Date and location TBD