Mission and Vision
The ACAD Fellows Program aims to provide strategic support for academic leaders to participate in ACAD and the ACAD annual meeting, provide opportunities for professional development and network building, and give back to the Academy.
The ACAD Fellows Program will build awareness of the value of ACAD for academic leaders and lead to increased, sustained participation. The Fellows Program will make awards to up to five ACAD Fellows, annually, who will bring a diversity of outlook and experience to ACAD.
Benefits and Expectations
Benefits for Fellow
- One-year free membership in ACAD, with full member resources.
- Complimentary registration for the ACAD Annual Meeting held February 21-23, 2024 in Tampa, FL.
- Five hundred-dollar stipend to cover some of the costs of participation at the ACAD Annual Meeting (such as travel or meals).
- Connections and Network Development. The ACAD Fellow will get the chance to learn from and contribute new ideas and best practices presented during the ACAD Annual Meeting as well as in facilitated discussions throughout the Fellows cohort year. Fellows will have the opportunity to make professional connections with other academic leaders.
The Fellow is expected to:
- Pursue, with the other Fellows, a collaborative project in service of ACAD, such as an article for the ACAD Leader, proposing a panel or participating in a roundtable as part of an ACAD session or workshop at the Annual Meeting or other meetings.
- Provide the ACAD Board feedback on the Fellows Program.
- Permit ACAD to use the Fellow’s name and story as an ACAD Fellow for fund-raising and other strategic needs.
- Advise on the ACAD Fellows Program, particularly in regard to the selection of the subsequent year’s Fellows.
The Fellows is a ten month commitment running from September through June each academic year.
In order to be considered for the program applicants must be eligible for ACAD membership but need not be a current member. ACAD is an individual membership organization for academic leaders who rank above a department chair and below the president and work with academics at accredited two-year or four-year colleges and universities. Additionally, all information below must be included in the application in order to be considered.
Applicants should submit the following electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with “ACAD Fellows Applicant” in the subject line, no later than 12 noon (EDT) Monday, August 14, 2023:
- An abbreviated curriculum vitae (3 pages maximum)
- A brief narrative (2 pages) discussing your goals in becoming an ACAD Fellow and how participation in this program will contribute to your overall professional development goals. In the narrative, also discuss how you would bring diversity to the ACAD community, including through diversity of perspective and experience, and your contributions to furthering diversity at your institution and/or to higher education overall. Also identify what other development resources are available to you at your institution.
- A letter of support from an immediate supervisor.
Applications for the ACAD Fellows Program will be accepted July 13 until August 14, 2023. The final selection of the Fellows will be announced by September 15, 2023