The ACAD Annual Meeting is held in January in conjunction with the Annual Meeting of the Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U). Each year ACAD hosts a track of sessions and workshops that run parallel to the theme of the AAC&U meeting and provide academic administrators with sessions tailored specifically to their needs.
ACAD prides itself on providing exceptional and dynamic sessions that engage our membership and others in discussions on topics that are both timely and relevant to today’s academic leader. Participants can expect to leave the meeting feeling revitalized and armed with the necessary resources to return to their campuses to face any challenges.
Highlights of the ACAD Annual Meeting
- Deans’ Institute: Created in 2012 in response to requests for unique programming from our members survey, the Institute is a full-day event held on the Wednesday before the conference. The Institute includes a prominent opening plenary speaker, a series of small group roundtable discussions on more than 15 topics in Higher Education, and a closing session. Read the 2019 Deans’ Institute program.
- Members Breakfast and Business Meeting: Held on the Friday morning of the meeting, this is the most important opportunity to engage our members in the work of ACAD while enjoying a valuable networking opportunity.
- ACAD Keynote Luncheon: Held on the Friday of the conference, ACAD engages dynamic and timely speakers to discuss current issues and trends in Higher Education.
- Friday Night Reception: Co-hosted with Council of Colleges of Arts & Sciences (CCAS), this event is open to everyone and is a great way to network with colleagues old and new.
- Proposals: Proposals for the 2020 Annual Meeting, Leadership in Turbulent Times, are being accepted until July 17, 2019. Read the full CFP or submit a proposal.
- Registration: Registration is run through AAC&U. General registration covers all session—ACAD and AAC&U. There are additional fees for workshops, the Deans’ Institute and all meal-ticketed events.
- Hotel: Hotel information can be found on the AAC&U website. We encourage you to make your reservations sooner, rather than later, as the conference hotel frequently sells out early.
- Program: The ACAD program is a track through the full conference. The Deans’ Institute has it’s own program. You can view the full program, which includes the ACAD program, at AAC&U’s website.
Future Annual Meetings:
- January 22-25, 2020 Washington, DC
- January 20-23, 2021 Seattle, WA
- January 19-22, 2022 Washington, DC